MORE ABOUT THE CAMPAIGN
FOR 30 YEARS, YOU'VE HELPED US FIGHT HIV:
- We changed the law to protect people living with HIV from discrimination.
- We stopped employers from asking if you have HIV before you get a job, and protected you in your job.
- Because of us, everyone in the UK can access free HIV treatment, wherever they are from. Now, more than 78% of people living with HIV are doing well on treatment and can’t pass the virus on because of their medication.
- We made sure that police and prosecutors must follow strict guidelines when responding to complaints
- about HIV transmission.
- We increased access to safe donated blood by ending the discriminatory lifetime ban on gay men.
- In order to reduce poverty, we convinced the Government to change how they interview people who need benefits because people living with people HIV have symptoms that vary from day to day.
- When an HIV prevention pill became available we fought to make sure you could get it. And we won.
LIFE FOR PEOPLE LIVING WITH HIV IN THE UK IS BETTER BECAUSE OF US
NOW LET'S END IT:
- End the growth of the epidemic: we have the tools we need, now we must ensure the political will and investment to stop HIV in its tracks.
- End ignorance about HIV: we know how and what to teach people, now we need to ensure that every child in every school learns what they need to protect themselves.
- End stigma and discrimination: the laws are in place but now we must implement them and ensure we all have access to justice.
- End the link between HIV and poverty: we know having HIV means you are more likely to live in poverty, now we must tackle the causes of poverty.
- End seeing the virus not the person: we need to ensure that support is provided for all people with HIV to live full and happy lives.
- End the disproportionate impact of HIV on some communities: no one should be at increased risk of HIV because of where they are from or who they have sex with.
JOIN THE CAMPAIGN: HOW YOU CAN HELP US END IT
HOW CAN YOU
HELP US END IT:
SIGN UP TO PLEDGE YOUR SUPPORT AND RECEIVE EMAIL UPDATES ON THE LET’S END IT CAMPAIGN